Saturday, August 6, 2011

Let's Live For Today

Something I've always been self conscious about is driving with my windows down & music loud, in fear that people will hear my music & think I'm weird.


I know, I know, so silly, right?! But I don't listen to the music that everyone else listens to. I'm just as happy happy listening to Climax, George Harrison, & The Archies as I am listening to Bertie Higgins, Eric Clapton, & The Spice Girls. I'll be the first to admit that I have a rather unique taste in music...but sometimes I feel that it might actually be..."bad"...


Says who? My boyfriend will poke fun at me sometimes, so does my best friend...all in good fun, of course. But even I know that blasting 'Land Down Under' might give me a few glances.


So, when the weather cooperates, I do roll down my windows and blast my music. Whenever I come to a stop, though, and the car next to me has their window open, I either 1. Roll my window up in a panic, or 2. Promptly turn my music down


While driving home today, I was fiddling with my ipod trying to find a fun song to listen to, when all that was coming up was 'embarrassing' music. I took a deep breath and asked my self "Who Cares? I like listening to these songs. I like listening to them loud. I shouldn't be ashamed of what I like, it's what makes me me.


So without any hesitation, I proceeded to roll down my windows and proudly play this song, along with many others that I genuinely enjoy. And if I get any strange looks or smirks in the future, it isn't going to make me feel bad or embarrassed. I should be proud of who I am, and that includes my *unique* taste in music, too. :)




xoxo
<33holly

No comments:

Post a Comment