Hello blog, it's been a while!
I have been so busy with studying/applying for nursing school (plan B....but B is for the Best!) that I have not had time to do ANYTHING fun [mostly], including blogging!
So what is new with me? Well...
*Studying for my entrance exam for nursing school- yikes, this has taken up SO much time, but I took it on saturday and I passed (!!!!!!), so now I am enjoying breathing easier and not having a constant upset stomach
*I am sad to say that I've sort of taken an extended vegan hiatus. I KNOW, I am not too happy about it. But, I have to say, that a small part of me missed the experience. Again, totally lame, it's not even an excuse. But I've missed the convenience, the atmosphere, the freedom of being able to not worry about every ingredient in my food. I've enjoyed expanding where I can dine, what I can eat, and so on. And I am of course still a vegetarian--I will never ever consume meat ever EVER again....but as for being a vegan? I am still a vegan-friendly gal. I cook vegan a lot and keep dairy intake to a minimum (and diary=cheese and occasionally chocolate. I haven't had real milk in almost 3 years). But when it's a special occasion, I've forgiven myself for indulging in dairy now and then. Perhaps when the time is right, or when my mind is right, I will partake in 100% veganism once again.
*2 of my new years resolutions (um WOW, never blogged about those! Will put on my To-Do list!) was to 1. Try more new things, and 2. Be more positive. I've sort of slacked on the positivity part...but I'm conscious about it [which is better than completely forgetting about it!] and am trying harder....but it's been sort of liberating trying new things! I'm not talking about huge things, I mean small things--like a new flavor of tea, getting into a new TV show (and by a new TV show, I mean this show since Josh has 30+ recordings of it on our dvr at one time...aka it's always on and I'm starting to <3 it more than I did before!), taking a new route home, and so on. If I had the means, you know I'd pack up my life and travel the world...but to make the most of what is in your daily life & add a little flavor to it definitely gives a sort of spark :) I felt like this a lot in Australia, since everything was brand new to me, so it's been nice to incorporate this into my life again, instead of getting [too] stuck in a daily routine.
*Speaking of Australia, I still have dreams about it fairly often---like 1 dream every 1-2 weeks! Crazy, huh? Does anyone else experience this? Last week I received a huge letter/dvd's from my good friends Colin & Jill (you can read about my visit with them here!) and a letter/postcard from Cecilia. There are some plans in the works for a reunion in NYC this summer...oh goodness, wouldn't that be epic? I miss Alisha & Cecilia like they're my sisters. There's something about meeting people abroad--there's a different relationship that's developed. You can casually meet an acquaintance here and there, but the travels you take will be forever embedded in your heart, including the people who embark on those travels with you. I don't talk to Cecilia & Alisha as often as I'd like, but they have a special spot in my heart :)
*Josh and I are SO blessed!! We are going on another trip to California on Thursday--woohoo! And boy, do I need it after all the studying chaos! I've been to California every year since 2008. It is my freaking FAVORITE state (that I've been to thus far)--there's something about it that makes me breathe easier. The sun is brighter, the air is cleaner (dustier? I don't care!), and the water is right. there.! It will be great to see his dad's side of the family and to get away from the midwest for a while :)
Keep smiling, readers! :)
xoxoxo
<33holly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OMG Eddie LOVES Top Gear too!!! lol we should all watch it some time :)
ReplyDelete