I know that I've been quite repetitive in my Australia posts with stuff like 'this is such an amazing experience!' and 'I'm so thankful that I'm here!' and all of my other mooshy gooshy stuff, so I apologize that I sound like a broken record, but I might do it one more time :)
Many people thought I was coming here to get away from my other problems. Which- to be honest- was a small part of it. However, it was those problems I was dealing with that inspired me to actually pursue one of my biggest dreams. Let's face it, If I had found a decent paying full-time job and was living comfortably, I probably wouldn't have thought of coming to Australia at this point in my life. But I knew that something was missing. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but I was itching for something more. Ironically, it was the challenges of not finding full time work and being unsatisfied with my life that sparked my drive to actually pursue this dream of mine.
It's crazy to think about how many signs told me that this was a bad idea. Whether it be certain people, or problems paying bills, or the whole timing of it all, I always had reasons not to do this. But then again, we ALWAYS have reasons not to do something, but that doesn't mean we should always listen to them. I took some time to really think about what I wanted & needed. Despite some signs that told me not to come here, my heart and spirit knew that I had to. After working 3 part time jobs and endless hours, my dream finally became a reality. Exactly 91 days ago, I arrived in Australia having absolutely no idea what lay ahead of me. I had some expectations and stuff I wanted to pursue, but what I got out of it was more than I ever could have imagined.
I've learned what it's like to live with total strangers and know no one within thousands of miles.
I've learned what it's like to drive on the left side of the street.
I've learned how to fight off poisonous spiders and how to sleep through kookaburra chirps at 6am.
I've made new friends from all over the world.
I've seen buildings and streets and cities that I've always wanted to see.
I've learned what it's like to fall in love with a child.
I've learned what loyalty & true love a long distance relationship needs
I've learned to be more patient, content, and independent
I've learned more about myself and more of what I want out of life
I could go on and on about all the things I've learned and experienced here. What I really want to say, is that if I had listened to all of the reasons that I shouldn't have come here, I would have missed out on an indescribable experience. Sure, if I had waited a few years, maybe I could have stayed an extra few months...but that's not the point. I needed to do this right now- at this point in my life. Had I waited, I may not have gotten everything out of this experience that I did. Living in Australia has completely changed my life. This experience will always be close to my heart and I have absolutely no regrets. All of the hard work and time that was put into making this happen was 7549320754938% worth it! It was worth the fights, the long work hours, the tears, the money- EVERYTHING. I made 1 of my biggest dreams come true- and that, my readers, you can't put a price on :D
Don't ever think that what you want is impossible to get. Don't let ANYONE tell you that you can't accomplish something. Take some time to weigh out your options and to really think about what YOU want. Use the fuel of negative people & consequences to further drive you to success. The people in your life who love you the most will support you making your dreams come true. Listen to your heart & spirit, power through the tough times, and remember that you only live once- so just DO IT.
xoxo
<33holly



No comments:
Post a Comment