It is May. It's finally warm out. The chances of us getting any more snow are nill. And yet, I find myself not spending much time outside. Well, on the days I go running I opt for the outdoors rather than the treadmill...but I don't feel like that's enough!
Humans need nature. For me, I need my vitamin D and a little help with my perpetually pale skin (thanks Swedish ancestors!). But more than any of those things, nature will always & forever make me smile. The wind, butterflies, grass- they all give me a sense of calm. Some peace of mind, some clarity, and some energy.
So today, I decided to take advantage of my balcony. I sat outside in a tank top (!!!), sipped on my tea [in my brand new mug I painted!], and wrote in my journal--all while I took in my surroundings. The enormous tree that's blossoming--and leaving a sea of pedals on our balcony, the birds, the bits of sunshine leaking through the clouds. Josh even joined me outside and we played cards. It was so refreshing & wonderful. It definitely put the extra skip in my step that I needed today :)
xoxo
<33holly


No comments:
Post a Comment