Keeping score of happiness may not be for everybody, but it works for Stargirl. And for the tiny Himalayan nation of Bhutan, which circulates and monitors its Gross National Happiness. With many desirable rights to choose from, our Founding Fathers cited only three to justify their declaration of independence: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Yet we don't so much pursue happiness as let it randomly splash onto us. Tracking happiness helps us remind us that this inalienable right doesn't pursue us; we must pursue it.
*Come to think of it, when it comes to happiness, I guess I sort of wait around for it to catch me. Chances are I could he happier, but it's all pretty fuzzy because I don't even keep score. And, anyway, how am I supposed to go about pursuing happiness? Hel-loo?...Maybe following suggestions in this book would be a good start*
xoxo
<33holly


No comments:
Post a Comment